…are one of those little things that remind me life is good.
…son una de esas pequeñas cosas que me hacen recordar lo buena que es la vida.
Something you should know is that I love watching TV series. One of my dream jobs would be to write for a TV show one day. And if I do, I want to work with people as excellent as the writers from Grey’s Anatomy or Gilmore Girls.
Throughout the years I have watched many TV shows. Some I’ve stuck with for a while, some I dropped after the first few episodes, and some I still watch to this day. Grey’s Anatomy is one of those TV shows with which I’ve stuck ever since I started watching it and will continue doing so as long as the writing continues to be this good.
Things I love about Grey’s Anatomy:
- The assorted character’s rants. Especially Bailey’s. I love how they always come full circle (if you’ve been watching Grey’s Anatomy for a while, you know what I’m talking about), like so: “She’s my person. If I murdered someone, she’s the person I’d call to help me drag the corpse across the living room floor. She’s my person”
- The way the episodes come full circle. Each episode starts with a voice over message addressing a topic relevant to the episode and at the end they return to that message and finish the idea they started.
- I don’t know if the same people have been writing for Grey’s Anatomy from the beginning until now, but if they have changes writers the important thing is that the audience can’t tell. The style, the character’s dialogue, the pacing of each episode has remained the same and it works just as well now as it did in the pilot episode.
- Those ‘out of the ordinary’ episodes like the musical or the ‘what if’ episode in which they do something radically different with the plot line but still keep every element that makes the show great.
- The fact that they characters have been consistent. Not one character has done or said or looked ‘out of character’ ever. That is not to say the characters have not changed, because they have. But they have done so consistently with who they are deep inside.
- The fact that Derek and Meredith made it together as a couple, they got married and they did not get discarded as background characters for that. Their plot line is still interesting even after their happy ending.
- The McSomething nicknames.
- The music. It is usually not overpowering, but it still adds to the emotion of the scenes.
- The fact that Alex is great with kids.
- McSteamy…need I say more?