Reading a good, engaging book
…is one of those little things that remind me life is good.
Leer un buen libro, de esos tan entretenidos que te gustaria poder
sentarte y leer todo el dia
…es una de esas pequeñas cosas que me hacen recordar lo buena que es la vida.
I’m going to avoid all the cliche stuff I could say about reading, like how it’s entertaining, educational, it helps you cope with reality, escape reality and learn about other people as well as yourself…ooops! I guess I caved 😛 Anyway, I know a lot of people will agree with me when I say that sitting down with a good book can be not only fun, but even therapeutic.
The books that can take you away from your living room couch into new, unexplored (or perhaps familiar) worlds; the books that are so engaging you keep telling yourself “just one more page and I’ll go to sleep,” those are the kind of books that remind me life is great.
I am by no means a literary connoisseur. I’m just a college student who likes reading for fun and wishes she had more time to discover more amazing books/authors. So be warned that the following list might make you cringe if you are, indeed, a lit. professor, major, connoisseur, etc…
Here are a few books I’ve enjoyed immensely:
- Crime and Punishment — F. Dostoevsky
- Travesuras de la Niña Mala — Vargas Llosa
- Wuthering Heights — E. Bronte
- Harry Potter — J.K. Rowling (Yes, I am aware it is childish and mainstream but since when is that a bad thing?)
- Pretty much anything by Jennifer Crusie — and yes, I am aware she writes chick lit and you know what? She rocks at it!
- Man in Search for Meaning — V. Frankl
- The Overcoat — N. Gogol (short story)
I can’t think of any more right now, but I’m sure there will be another post about this.